BUSINESS ANGEL investing
This workshop will offer you a complete overview of key elements of the fascinating and rewarding Business Angel world. Business Angels invest their own money into seed stage startup companies providing much-needed capital to bring new companies to market. Angels leverage their expertise to help new businesses grow and succeed, changing the economic future of an entire country/region by investing in small startup companies that eventually employ dozens of people. Everyone has their personal story of how they became Business Angel. Join us for a dynamic workshop discussion with a leading expert (Dr. Peter Cowley) to explore the basics of angel investing.
- What is an Angel investment?
- Who are Angel investors? – Where do they invest?
- Understanding the investment process (from start to finish)
- The importance of building a portfolio strategy
- Developing your investment criteria – key metrics?
- What does due diligence involve?
- Why it’s important to undertake due diligence before investing?
- Evaluating investment opportunities
- Leading deals and co-investing with other Business Angels
- The successful exit
Free Book to all participants
Brief CV: Mr Peter Cowley
Mr Cowley has invested in over 75 technology startups [17 positive exits (one of which at 107X, paying back all invested cash), 20 failures, 29 still living], and was chair of the Cambridge Angels,
U.K (invested >£45M in 2019), and a Fellow in Entrepreneurship at the University of Cambridge Judge Business School. He is President Emeritus of the European Business Angels Network EBAN and a board member of the Global Business Angels Network (GBAN), part of Global_Entrepreneurs_Network. Finally, Peter is an Author of the book “The Invested Investor: the new rules for start-ups, scale-ups and Angel investing”.